In the Contractors module, you qualify contractors so they can receive bid requests via XactPRM Connect. You can also edit contractor settings and disqualify them.
The screen shots in this document are generic, and your company’s interface may vary.
Edit contractor settings
Edit contractor address
Adjust qualification status
Adjust job type
Add unique identifiers
Add employee number
Adjust business unit
Adjust home area
Adjust bid request capacity
Add contractor notifications
Send a test notification
Define contractor service area
Edit Contact Methods
Related: User Administration, Hierarchy, Organization Hierarchy, FAQ > Administration questions, XactNet Address Book
• Select Contractors from the Administration menu (see Figure 1).
When you qualify a contractor for a program, the contractor can be assigned bid requests in that program. Asset manager employees can be qualified for individual programs within their organizations, but independent contractors cannot; they are qualified at the organization level.
1. If your organization has multiple programs, select the program in which the contractor will work (see Figure 2).
2. Enter the contractor’s XactNet address and click Search.
3. Click Qualify Contractor (see Figure 4). If you receive a message stating that the XactNet address does not have the necessary profile installed, contact your product specialist or account manager to add the profile to your key code.
Replace an existing qualified XactNet address with another XactNet address
A. Click Replace an existing qualified XactNet Address (see Figure 4). A dialog box appears (see Figure 5).
B. Select the XactNet Address you want to replace.
C. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click OK.
After you qualify the contractor, you can add or edit information specific to that contractor (see Figure 6), including:
• Qualification status
• Job type
• Unique identifiers
• Employee number
• Home area
• Bid request capacity
• Service areas
1. Click Edit in the Contractor Address section.
2. Edit the address fields that appear (see Figure 6).
3. Click Edit Contact Methods to edit the contact methods associated with this contractor. See Edit Contact Methods for more information.
4. Click Update.
5. Click Add to Personal Address Book to add the contractor to your Personal Address Book.
1. Select or clear the appropriate check boxes in the Qualification Status section (see Figure 7).
2. Click Update.
3. Click Copy to Other Programs to copy the qualification status to other programs.
When you assign a contractor job types, the contractor can only work on bid requests with those job types.
1. Select or clear the appropriate check boxes in the Job Type section.
2. Click Update.
3. Click Copy to Other Programs to copy the job type selections to other programs.
Unique identifiers serve as an additional method for identifying contractors.
1. Click Add Unique Identifiers in the Unique Identifiers section.
2. Enter a unique identifier in the field that appears. Add another unique identifier by clicking Add Unique Identifiers again.
3. Click Update.
Employee numbers serve as an additional method for identifying contractors.
• Enter the employee number in the Employee Number section, and click Update.
When you assign business units to a contractor, the contractor is restricted to only bid requests with those business unites. To assign or adjust business units:
1. Click Edit in the Business Unit area.
2. In the dialog box that appears, select or clear the appropriate check boxes (see Figure 8).
3. Click Save.
Contractors can be assigned "home areas," or geographic areas in which they normally work. Their work can then be tracked based on proximity to these areas.
1. Click Add in the Home Area section.
2. In the dialog box that appears, select a state and county from the drop-down menus to see the zip/postal codes for that county (see Figure 9).
3. Select the appropriate zip/postal codes, and click Continue.
4. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click Assign.
The Capacity table shows the contractor’s weekly and monthly bid request capacity and number of in-progress bid requests (see Figure 10). When a claim is being assigned, contractors who have reached or exceeded their bid request capacity appear at the bottom of the Contractor SmartList (or selection list).
1. Click Edit in the Capacity section.
2. Enter appropriate capacity figures in the fields.
3. Click Save.
When adding notifications, you are instructing XactPRM Connect to notify contractors when bid requests are sent to them, action items are created for them, or flooring analysis is returned.
1. Click Add New Notification in the Contractor Notifications section. A row of drop-down menus appears. Select the appropriate descriptor in each menu (see Figure 11).
a. Select the type of notification:
To notify individuals when bid requests are sent to them.
To notify individuals when action items are created for them.
b. Select the assignor (or program) to which this notification rule applies.
c. Select the hours of the day the contractor can receive notification. Leave the default of 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM to indicate any time of day.
d. Select the appropriate time zone for the contractor.
e. Select the days of the week the contractor can receive notification. Selected days are highlighted in blue.
f. Select the level of bid request priority needed to trigger a notification:
Emergency Bid Requests
To notify individuals when emergency bid requests are sent to them.
Normal Bid Requests
To notify individuals when normal bid requests are sent to them.
All Bid Requests
To notify individuals when all bid request types, both emergency and normal, are sent to them.
g. Select the contact method. To edit the available contact methods, click Edit List. See Edit Contact Methods for more information.
2. Click Save. The new notification rule appears in the Contractor Notifications section.
1. Click Send a Test Notification in the Contractor Notifications section (see Figure 12). The Send Test Notification dialog box appears (see Figure 12).
2. Select a contact method from the drop-down menu.
3. Click Send Notification.
4. A confirmation dialog box appears and a notification is sent via the selected contact method. Click Back to send another test notification. Click Close to exit.
A contractor’s service area the geographic areas where that contractor can work. Contractors cannot be assigned projects located outside their service areas.
• Click Edit in the Service areas section. The Define Service Area page appears (see Figure 13).
1. Click Assign next to the region (see Figure 14).
2. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click Assign. The zip/postal codes included in the region appear in the Zip/Postal Codes field.
1. Click a region name in the Regions menu. A program Locations menu appears in place of the Regions menu (see Figure 15).
2. Click Assign next to the program location name.
3. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click Assign. The zip/postal codes included in the program location appear in the Zip/Postal Codes field.
1. Click a program location name in the Program Locations menu. A Zip Codes menu appears in place of the Program Locations menu (see Figure 16).
2. Click Assign next to the zip/postal code.
3. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click Assign. The zip/postal code appears in the Zip/Postal Code field.
1. Click State and County in the Assign Zip/Postal Codes section (see Figure 17).
2. In the dialog box that appears, select a state or county in the respective drop-down menus.
3. Select zip/postal codes in the zip/postal code menu, and click Continue.
4. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click Assign. The zip/postal codes appear in the Zip/Postal Codes field.
• To assign states or provinces to a contractor's service area, select states or provinces from the State/Province menu in the Assign States/Provinces and Countries section, and click Add (see Figure 18). The states/p rovinces appear in the States/Provinces field below the Zip/Postal Codes field.
• To assign countries, select the appropriate countries from the Country menu in the Assign States/Provinces and Countries section, and click Add (see Figure 17). The countries appear in the Countries field below the Zip/Postal Codes field.
• To go back to the Contractor's page, select Contractors in the breadcrumb trail at the top left of the page. XactPRM Connect automatically saves any changes to the service areas. The service area changes appear in the Service Area Map and Service Area menu.
When you click Edit Contact Methods in the Contractor Address section or Edit List in the Contact Methods column in the Contractor Notifications section,the Contact Methods dialog box appears with a list of contact methods (see Figure 18).
1. Click Add (see Figure 18). A form appears.
2. Select the type of contact. You may select Business Fax, Email, Fax Mobile, Pager, or Voice. The information fields below change based on the type of contact selected.
3. Enter the contact information in the provided fields.
4. Click Save. The contact is added to the list.
1. Click the edit icon to the right of the contact information in the list (see Figure 18). The form appears.
2. Change the contact information as desired.
3. Click Save. The contact is updated on the Contact Method list.
• Click the delete icon to the far right of the contact information in the list. A confirmation dialog box appears. Click OK.
Copyright © 2005-2016 Xactware Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.