The Estimate Review Queue is a module that places all designated bid requests returned from your contractors into a list for a desk review. The administrator assigns specific estimates to individual reviewers for approval. If the queue is turned on, the Project Detail lets users know the current status of the bid request, for example, Estimate Not Reviewed.
In the Estimate Review Queue, the asset manager and service provider can perform reviews on the same estimate simultaneously without affecting each other’s reviews. The asset manager and the service provider can also configure rules, set statuses, run advanced search filters, and create personal rules for their own review processes in the Estimate Review Queue.
The screen shots in this document are generic, and your company’s interface may vary.
Access Estimate Review Queue
Filter Estimate Review Queue
Filter by review status in Advanced Search
Administrator and Reviewer Roles
User 1: Supervisor/Administrator
Set up review queue rules
User 2: Reviewer
Accept estimate review
Add Queue Rule fields and menus
Related: Estimate Review Queue statuses, Column Admin
• Select Estimate Review Queue or My Estimate Review Queue from the Projects menu (see Figure1). If you select My Estimate Review Queue you will see only estimates assigned to you.
In the Estimate Review Queue you will see a list of estimates (see Figure 2). Users with Reviewer rights will see only estimates assigned to them. Users with Estimate Review Administrator rights will see all estimates, regardless of the assigned reviewer.
Note that the Estimate Review Queue has columns that show the asset manager review status and the service provider review status on bid requests with multiple reviewers (see Figure 2: Safe Haven Status and Independent Status columns). Both statuses show for a asset manager user and for a service provider user. For more information about adding or removing columns see Column Admin or User Column Admin.
• Sort columns alphabetically by selecting a heading title (see Figure 2: Safe Haven Status column).
• To reset your Queue Filter after sorting columns, click reset in the top left corner (see Figure 2).
You can filter the Estimate Review Queue to view only bid requests from a specific asset manager, recipient, or reviewer. You can also filter the queue by bid request status or date.
1. Select Queue Filter on the Estimate Review Queue page (see Figure 3).
2. Set your criteria and click Search (see Figure 4). The Estimate Review Queue will now show only estimates that fit the parameters of your filter.
You may also search for estimates by Review Queue status using Advanced Search in XactAnalysis. The Review Status filter in Advanced Search has been separated into two fields based on the asset manager review status (see Figure 5) and the service provider review status (see Figure 6). Note that the filter name depends on who is logged in. If the asset manager is logged in, the filter is named Review Status, as shown in Figure 6. If someone who is not the asset manager is logged in, the filter is named Asset Manager Review Status.
Supervisors and reviewers use the Estimate Review Queue in different ways. Their workflows are explained in this section.
As a Supervisor, you may set up Estimate Review Queue Rules that help you determine which estimates received from contractors or independent contractors need to be reviewed. To begin, click Review Queue Rules (see Figure 7).
1. Click Estimate Review Queue Rules on the Estimate Review Queue page (see Figure 2). You are taken to the Estimate Review Queue Rules page (See Figure 7).
2. Click Add New Rule (see Figure 7). The Add Queue Rule dialog box appears.
3. Select the criteria for your rule and click Ok. For more information about the fields and menus in this dialog box, see Add Queue Rule fields and menus.
In the Estimate Review Queue Rules page you can also do the following:
• View all rules or only rules you created using the Rule Filters
• Copy or delete rules by clicking Copy or Delete to the right of a rule.
• Export rules to an Excel worksheet by clicking Export All To Excel.
When assigning a reviewer in the Estimate Review Queue, only the reviewers (users) in your account will show up in XactPRM Connect. Service provider users do not see asset manager users, and vice versa. By default, assigned reviewers have to accept the review, as a separate step, before completing it. Please speak to your product specialist or account manager if you would like to turn this feature off. This would allow a reviewer to complete a review without first accepting it.
1. In the Estimate Review Queue, select the check box for each estimate you would like to assign to a reviewer (see Figure 8).
2. Select Assign from the Select an Action drop-down menu.
3. Select a reviewer from the drop-down menu that appears (see Figure 8).
4. Click Go. The Assign Reviewer dialog box appears.
5. Verify the reviewer name and click Assign Reviewer. If the reviewer name is incorrect, click Cancel.
As a Reviewer, you may view estimate details, approve or reject items, notify others, and mark reviews complete.
1. Select Estimate Review Queue or My Estimate Review Queue from the Projects menu, and you will see a list of estimates that have been assigned to you (see Figure 2).
2. Select the estimate you would like to review. The Project Detail page appears.
3. In the Workflow Status section of the Details tab, click Accept Review (see Figure 9). The Update Status to Review Accepted dialog box appears (see Figure 10). From here you can write a note regarding the acceptance of the review and send an update status notification to others by email or XactNet Address.
4. Click Update Status.
1. To review an estimate, look over reports in the Documents tab and photos in the Photos tab. After reviewing the item in a particular tab, select the check boxes for the items you would like to approve or reject; then click Approve Item(s) or Reject Item(s).
2. After the estimate has been reviewed, click Complete Review in the Workflow Status section of the Details tab (see Figure 11). The Update Status to Reviewed dialog box appears.
3. Mark the review as complete (Estimate Reviewed), or indicate that you have some reservations about the review process (Estimate Reviewed with Exceptions) at which time you can notify the assignee, along with others, by sending an email.
4. Click Update Status to complete the review (see Figure 13). The status in the Project Detail header changes to Estimate Review Complete. The asset manager’s review status and the service provider’s review status updates to Reviewed in the Workflow Status area. The asset manager and the service provider can see the date and time stamp when each review was completed.
Select a program to apply the rule to.
Enter the name or description of your rule.
Select a priority for your rule: None, 1 (First Group Processed), or 2 (Second Group Processed). The rules filter estimates based on priority. XactPRM Connect will filter all the estimates with the first priority rule, then filter the remaining estimates with the second priority rule.
Select the Apply rule to Aggregate check box to apply the rule to projects as a whole instead of individual bid requests.
Select to apply the rule to future or existing estimates
Select a status or leave it as (All). See Statuses for status definitions. If you select Canceled or Client Approved, you can also filter by how that status is set (Automatically, Manually, or Either).
Select a hierarchy type: Geographic, Organizational, or Individual.
Select an area for the rule. Leave it as (All) to allow bid requests from all program areas into the review queue.
Select a project manager. Leave this field blank to allow estimates with any project manager into the queue.
Enter a reference number. Leave this field blank to allow any reference number into the review queue.
Select one or more states from the drop-down menu. Leave this field blank to allow estimates from any state to enter the queue.
Enter one or more postal codes (separated by commas). Leave this field blank to allow all estimates from all postal codes into the review queue.
Enter a date range or select Monthly, Quarterly, or Annually from the drop-down menu. The rule will be applied to only estimates within the specified range or it will only be applied monthly, quarterly, or annually. Leave these fields blank if you do not wish to apply a date range to the rule.
Enter a number to set up random reviews for 1 of every [number] estimates.
Enter a number of estimates to send to the review queue. Select the per contractor check box, to send a specific number of estimates per contractor.
Enter a value range.
Select a job type.
Select whether or not to include an amount of trades in an estimate as part of your rule.
Select a trade.
Select a pricelist category from the drop-down menu.
Select the check box to exclude activity diary report uploads.
Select the check box to exclude third party collaborations.
Select the check box to include test bid requests. Clear the check box to exclude test bid requests.
Select Any to send estimates with any audit results into the review queue. Select Specific and one or more audit results from the list that appears.
Select the check box to send estimates with price list deviations into the review queue.
Enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas). XactAnalysis sends an email to the specified addresses when an estimate triggers this rule and is sent to the Estimate Review Queue.
Enter the name of a reviewer to be specifically assigned or select (All). Estimates sent to the queue by this rule can be automatically assigned a reviewer that you specify here.
Copyright © 2005-2016 Xactware Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.